4.28.2014

Distressed Chest

Happy Monday! Today I wanted to share with you this small pine chest that I updated for our store. Someone actually gave us this piece of furniture for free- can't beat that! It was one of the many projects that I worked on this past week. 


Since this piece had such simple lines, I thought it needed to be distressed for added character.


Here's what it looked like before.



I simply updated the hardware from brass to oil rubbed bronze with spray paint.


I'm excited how this freebie chest looks with a fresh coat of paint.



10 comments:

  1. That is beautiful! What a great transformation...I love the color of it too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on this chest, Mallori! I love the color and the distressed look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chest looks lovely, your version is much better than the original. I love the feather pix. Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara! The framed print was bought new.

      Delete
  4. I would have passed right over this piece as too chunky and unsalvagable. You saw the potential and oh my gosh I love it now! Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have done a fantastic job with the painting, it looks so good. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...