5.07.2014

Spring Porch


Good afternoon! Today I thought I would share the progress of our spring porch. We are coming up on a year since we moved into our new house and we finally have the back porch projects finished. This past weekend we were busy hanging drapes and putting the new black sofa together.


 It's so nice to have the back porch all cleaned up and decorated for the warmer weather. We enjoy sitting outside at night watching TV, just lounging and relaxing.


There is a variety of vintage and newer pieces mixed together with DIY projects to create a comfortable, extended living space outside. 


For example, the wooden bench and chippy shutters were flea market finds, the iron tables, rug, pillows, and sofa is new, and the rustic coffee table was revamped by us. 


I can't get enough of bright potted flowers and ferns this time of year! They really help freshen up the back porch.





This decorative mirror and boxwood wreath are perfect for this black iron table.


We bought canvas Sunbrella fabric and cut to length for instant outdoor drapes. We tried drop-cloth fabric drapes at our old house and loved the look, but they mildewed and were a mess. So we decided to go with real outdoor fabric and just make our own this go around. 


Not only do I love the look of the drapes, but they are perfect for sun control and allow privacy too.



I'm sure we will be spending a lot of time out here this spring and summer.


I hope you have a blessed Wednesday!


26 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful out there! I'd love to have a glass of iced tea out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a nice outdoor room to enjoy. All I have is a very hot deck and it needs some TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks so pretty I especially like the curtains they make it like an outdoor room. Bet you'll be spending a lot of time out there this Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful extended living space! I think the drapes are my favorite - they really soften it all up!

    :) Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great space. really love how the curtains soften it up, and that rug is great. we are going to do a brick patio with free bricks. problem is our house is brick and i feel it will be brick overload, so i will be using an outdoor rug to cover it. instant upgrade.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous I wanna come hang there. If you would come link it up to our Green Thumb Party.

    Hugs,

    Valerie
    Cottage Making Mommy
    www.lovingmyheartandhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your outdoor space looks beautiful and very inviting, Mallori! I'm sure it is a great space to sit whether on your own or when you are entertaining. You've definitely followed through with making it an "outdoor room"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This space looks amazing! There are so many great small details to it, it looks like a beautiful indoor/outdoor space.

    Emily-Our house now a home

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful and relaxing space! I would take a million naps on that sofa. Enjoy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love your porch, it is gorgeous and I love how you have it styled. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your porch looks beautiful. Love all the greenery that you added.
    Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful! Would love to move in!!!!
    Have a great time
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  13. All I can say is: Wow!!
    Can I move into your porch now? :)
    hugs x, Crystelle
    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this spring porch! Pinning to the Monday Funday board! Thanks for linking this up!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE your porch! Ours is still covered in pollen, can't wait for it to settle down so I can clean it off and enjoy!
    Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a pretty back porch! It truly feels like an outdoor room! Love all of your lovely accents.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your porch is lovely. I like the way you mixed new and old, and the drapes are a nice touch. I'd say you have the perfect outdoor room. Visiting from Amaze Me Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous! I love "drapes" used outdoors and agree that they need to be weather-resistant. Yours look wonderful as do all your accessories and décor! Visiting as I saw you featured on Amaze Me Mondays - so glad I did!

    DD

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love outdoor living spaces and your is beautiful. Here in Michigan our warm weather seems to be scarcer every year. The drapes are a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have the best back porch ever! J

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a delightful garden! I love how very creative Becky's projects are. So fanciful! There's really a lot of inspiration in these gorgeous pictures. Brenda, such a fun site to find!
    japanese-garden

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...