1.07.2014

New House: Guest Bedroom Progress

This guest bedroom upstairs has been a work in progress since we moved this past summer. It's one of those rooms that seems to change weekly. I'm always rearranging accessories around our house, especially this bedroom. I waited last to furnish and decorate this room, it has a collected feel from all of my antiquing treasures that I've picked up over the years mixed with a few new accessories.


Like I said, it's a work in progress. This bedroom still has two empty walls. The large wall opposite the bed needs a TV console/chest and more artwork to fill the wall. I eventually want an actually bed and not just the antique screen used as a headboard now, but I'll wait to find the perfect one. 




Can you tell that I'm ready for Spring! Preserved boxwood and dried hydrangeas are my favorite go to for any season.





This antique leather trunk was once used as our coffee table in the old house. Now it's storage for the foot of the bed. I think it adds texture to this all neutral room.



6 comments:

  1. Looks great...I love a room that looks collected over time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's looking
    very pretty

    and i do adore
    that framed boxwood wreath

    would love for you to share
    at Fridays Unfolded this week!

    Alison
    Nancherrow (formerly Stuff and Nonsense)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this room! A guest would feel so comfortable and pampered in here!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That guest room on your new house looks awesome. I’m sure the guests that will stay there will feel really special, and will find the experience unforgettable. You did a great job in designing that. Thanks for giving us a lovely tour, Mallori! All the best to you!


    Benny Daniel @ Finlay Brewer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the lighting that you have in that room. I especially like what you did with the overhead piece. It also seems like the room is at a nice angle so it gets just enough light without it being overwhelming or heating this place like an over. We are looking at redoing our guest bed. We shall see when.

    Julia Stewart @ Daytona Buyers Agent

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...