1.05.2015

Baby Girl's Nursery

Our baby girl's nursery has been a work in progress since we found out the baby's gender at 18 weeks. It's been so much fun decorating for our little girl. I wanted to keep the room sophisticated and mainly neutral with bits of pink accessories for an easy transition as she grows older. 



We already had the distressed gray bookcases and the antique dresser so we knew a dark crib would coordinate well with the two. The muted oushak rug layered on the large jute area rug really brings the whole color scheme of the room together. The light linen glider and drapery help soften the space.


We decided to wait until she's born to reveal her name for an added surprise. It's been a lot of fun for everyone trying to guess her name. 


 I was excited to incorporate a vintage brass floor lamp that was passed down from my grandmother in this seating area. We've had the side table for several years and just updated it with a little paint.


I infused salvaged architectural finds in her nursery with the pink and green shutter and the 1800's distressed, mirrored closet doors. I love the extra character they add to the room. We sealed all the old paint for added safety. 



I found this antique dresser at an auction last year and it couldn't fit more perfect on this wall. It functions as a changing table now and will later easily transition for a big girl room.



I framed a few of my favorite maternity pictures for her bookcases which will eventually be filled with books and toys.



The bedding is kept simple in all white linen from Restoration Hardware with pink and white buffalo check pillows from Ikea.



I can't wait to see our baby girl wear this beautiful handmade, smocked pink dress from a dear friend. Her closet is getting full pretty fast, it's just so much fun buying for little girls!



My due date is less than three weeks away! It's all starting to get real at this point in my pregnancy with preparing, nesting, and now just patiently waiting to meet our sweet E.


17 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Congratulations. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE her room!!! Some of my favorites are those awesome closet doors...charming shutter with the gold framed monogram and the changing table/dresser. Thanks for sharing at my party...going to share it on Facebook.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! What a loved little girl :) Hoping everything goes wonderfully for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely! And congratulations!! You have a knack for creating beautiful things.

    New follower from Oklahoma,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fabulous nursery. I adore those closet doors and congrats, it will be so fun to meet E. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. in LOVE with this room...such a perfect little space for a little girl to grow. You have such great taste and I am so glad I came across your blog : )

    Deb
    @ Seeking Lavender Lane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations...such an exciting time!! Baby E's room is stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i's lovely! !!! congratulations!!!!!!! hugs, angie from germany

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous - I love salvaged doors so LOVED seeing this
    Off to pin!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous room. It all looks so pretty and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Turned out just beautiful! The rug is my favorite part.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baby girls nursery is one of the most beautiful ones I have ever seen! I am awe struck with the closet doors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amei conhecer o seu blog, já fiquei por aqui!!!Achei maravilhoso!!!
    Visite-me:http://algodaotaodoce.blogspot.com.br/
    Siga-me e pegue o meu selinho!!!

    Obrigada.

    Beijos Marie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...