2.19.2014

Master Bedroom Reveal

Today I'm excited to share with you our master bedroom reveal.


We moved into our new house eight months ago and our master bedroom has been a work in progress. I took my time decorating this room and I tried finding the right amount of old and new pieces for this space. We've had our bed and nightstands for seven years and decided to keep them for the new house. I mixed antique finds and refurbished furniture for a more casual feel. I used the same calm and neutral colors like the rest of our home.


Here's more of a detailed post about our mirrored doors and the drop cloth bench.  


One of the things that I love most about this room is the twelve foot ceiling and the openness it creates.


There are a few DIY projects scattered throughout the room. Last week I shared my DIY Abstract Painting, found hereI love the pop of color it adds to this corner.


Another thing I'm obsessed with is my cowhide rug. I moved it several times around the house and it finally looked perfect here; at the foot of the bed.


We recently bought new white bedding and mixed it with pillows we already had.  


I added a few natural elements and antique finds throughout our bedroom for a more collected look.


Our master suite is located right off the living room.


For more details on this birds nest art above the desk, click here


I'm really happy with how everything turned out! It's so relaxing to come home to at the end of a long day. 



33 comments:

  1. So pretty! What a lovely room to come home and settle into each night. You did a wonderful job! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the entire space! It is so serene and great blend of textures and furniture!

    Angela @ Number Fifty-Three

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks very calming, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your master is beautiful! I need to do ours but have been dragging my feet. It has been 5 years!;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your master bedroom is very pretty. I like that it's traditional but fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your room. I also shared my master at: http://quitesimply-sgjeffries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a stunning room! I love the neutrals-- it feels elegant and relaxing all at the same time! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in love with your bedroom! Love those neutrals and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a wonderful room, love that bench at the bottom of the bed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. very calm & serene...a perfect bedroom....
    and to lay there & stare up at that fantastic ceiling.....I would never get out of bed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that bench at the foot of your bed. I really need to work on my master bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mallori,
    Exquisite!
    I adore how you've blending both feminie and masculine
    features throughout your Master Bedroom!
    Serene, tranquil . . .perfect for a restful night's sleep!
    Sweet dreams, dear one!
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your bedroom looks so pretty -- very calm and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a great haven you've created, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the combinations of darks and lights it really looks quite elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty. Thank you for sharing. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your bedroom is just gorgeous Mallori! How lucky for you to have that amazing coffered ceiling. It truly is a peaceful retreat. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely weekend! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like a lovely space to retreat and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful. I love the various neutrals without it being boring. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your master looks beautiful! Congrats on the feature at Kim's! Can you tell me where you found the lamps on your nightstands? Love them. Love the rug too, wish I had one. Beautiful room!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Believe it or not, the lamps on my nightstands came from Old Time Pottery for $35 each last year. They are made out of concrete and metal. Thanks for stopping by tonight!

      Delete
  21. Gorgeous bedroom! I don't think I've ever come across your site before and I am so happy that I found you over at Embracing Change. You obviously have great style and I can't wait to take a look around some more. Off to do some browsing.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful!!! I'll be featuring it in my round up this weekend at Monday Funday! Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous master suite, so much charm! So nice having 12' ceilings, would love to have those in my home! Thanks so much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful Master Bedroom! I love the cow hide rugs and have one that is similar. It moves around;) too:) I like it here in your bedroom and ours will probably end up in the same place. They really add a cozy feel. Also love the soft colors you've picked and how wonderful to enjoy those high ceilings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just Beautiful! So cozy and relaxing.. Glad I found your beautiful blog. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such a beautiful space! You've blended textures and styles wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful! What color did you paint your master and guest bedrooms, I love them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our wall color is BM- 981.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...