Repurposed Vintage Finds Home Repurposed Vintage Finds Portfolio Contact Repurposed Vintage Finds Meet Repurposed Vintage Finds Repurposed Vintage Finds Store

2.17.2013

Spring Mantel

Now that Valentine's Day is over that means Spring is just around the corner. I'm really looking forward to warmer weather! Today I want to share with you our Spring Mantel that I put together for the store. 


It has a mix of nature- inspired elements including branches and moss, neutral colors from the canvas books, concrete and terracotta pots with fresh greenery, a framed bird print, and a little red bird. 


I adore this mantel because it has so many special details and the mirror really adds a lot of character to this revamped mantel.


To make this fun- shaped object, I simply folded the pages of a vintage paperback book. 


I added buttons, twine and numbered tags to the canvas wrapped book bundles.


This aged terracotta pot was a freebie at a recent estate sale. Can't beat that!


I like to play around and mix different textures and materials with old and new pieces to create vignettes around the store. This Spring Mantel has all of those elements combined.


Pin It

18 comments:

  1. Love the books & how you shaped the pages--so creative. Also love the greenery, sticks and the moss. Pinning.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love everything about it...the colors are very soft and charming.

    Would love for you to link this up with me for Moonshine Monday!

    Amber @ The Honeysuckle Bus Stop
    http://thehoneysucklebusstop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. I love bringing the outdoors in, such a beautiful touch!
    Sweet little red bird too. :)
    Blessings,
    Cindy
    Visiting from Cow Girl Up party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous! Love the soft colors and the plants! Thank you for sharing at Monday Funday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty mantel. I love that folded book! I'd love it if you would link this up to my new linky party, "What We Accomplished Wednesday." It goes live about 6:00 PM eastern time on Tuesday night. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. So clean and fresh! I love the different textures and the monochromatic look -- and the little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful mantel, Mallori! I found you through The Inspiration Board at Carolyn's Homework and would like to invite you to link up to my party, Project Inspire{d} ~ I hope to see you there!

    http://cupcakesandcrinoline.com/2013/02/project-inspired-week-2/

    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came over from What We Accomplished Wednesday to see this mantel. i especially am interested in the folded book. Do you think it would support something on top? Love the contrast in neutral tones and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely, soft, fresh, and perfect! Hope you can stop by the enchanted oven to say hi.
    xo,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love what you did with the book! The entire Mantel is gorgious but i am truely drawn to that element. Gorgious.

    Hugs
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect! So many of my most favorite elements all in one place!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love your book page art! Pinning! New follower! Love your stuff!

    Jenna @ http://rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. So pretty. I love the book pages especially. I would love for you to share this at my Swing into Spring party that opens at 8pm EST tonight. Hope to see you there. http://diybydesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your mantel is so lovely. The paperback book with the turned pages is wonderful as are the canvas covered books with the tags. Such a pretty mix of objects you gathered to create your Spring vignette.
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Suzanne
    Pieced Pastimes
    PS-Would love to have you link this up to Saturday Sparks

    ReplyDelete
  15. I featured your mantle today in my Mantle features post from "It's a SPring thing" Linky Party!! Thanks so much for sharing it -it's so gorgeous in every detail! http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/03/its-spring-thing-mantle-features.html Have a fabulous week :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...