2.02.2014

Spring Vignettes


Hello there! Today I want to share with you some photos from around our home, all freshened up for Spring.  


If I had to choose just one season, Spring would be my most favorite of the year.


 It's all about new growth, flowers blooming, and all things green.


 Not to mention the warmer weather, longer days, and being able to wear shorts and sandals.


Even though the groundhog predicted a longer winter, I still can't help but get excited about what's to come.


Here's a quick and heart-warming story about my framed bird nest's. Recently I was at a vintage flea market and found these beautiful pieces of art a lady was selling. I was immediately drawn to the chippy framed bird nests and just knew I had to buy them! 



She started to tell me the inspiration behind them: she developed cancer last year and she was sitting outside running her hands through her hair as it fell out into the wind and about a week later her husband brought her a birds nest that was made out of her hair from the yard, that a bird had made. She said it was reassurance that God was going to take care of her and that everything was going to be okay. Oh, I had chills as she told me that! She had such a sweet spirit as we talked briefly that day. 


I also found this guy and these speckled eggs that same day.


Thanks for taking the time to visit. Have a great day!

I'm sharing at Three Mango Seeds, Twelve O Eight, Silver Pennies, Nifty Thrifty Things, Too Much Time on my Hands, Craft-O-Maniac, Cozy Little House, Stone Gable, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, The Winthrop Chronicles, Not Just a Housewife, French Country Cottage, Common Ground, City Farmhouse, Savvy Southern Style, Green Willow Pond, The Style Sisters, From My Front Porch to Yours, Embracing Change, 52 Mantels, Liz Marie, The Shabby Nest, 504 Main, The Golden Sycamore, My Romantic Home, Chic on a Shoestring Decorating, Pieced Pastimes, Be Different, Act Normal, Tatertots & Jello, Home Stories A to Z, Jennifer Rizzo, Create Craft Love, Worthing Court, and Knick of Time.  

31 comments:

  1. Very pretty vignettes Mallori and I love your use of boxwood. Caught my eye over at the Its Party Time link up.
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mallori,
    you are an artist!
    Best wishes from Austria
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mallori,
    Love, LOVE, L O V E all of your vignettes, dear one!!!
    PoPsof green are making their way into my home decor, as well!
    I adore the use of the deer sheds within your elegant displays!
    So glad to meet you @ Marty's !
    Fondly,
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your vignettes are so pretty and I love how you use vintage elements in such creative ways. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vignette's and you can never go wrong with boxwood's! Thanks so much for linking up at ITS PARTY TIME. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feature on Pinterest this week!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful vignette's, I can't wait for spring either! Love the bird nest art.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous vignettes....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! Great job. ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your style and your finds! Please share your vintage goodies at my new link party - Revisionary Life - Thrifty Life Thursday.
    The bird nest story is so sweet! I think she's right...
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness.....as I sit here in my bald head.....that picture is amazing....and the story is truly a God thing......thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, it is amazing how God used a small bird to show that he will always be here for us. Praying for you.

      Delete
    2. Praying for your speedy recovery! Yes it is true God takes cake of all His creatures. That was such a special story about the bird's nest.

      Delete
  10. LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. You have such a knack for creating beautiful vignettes, thanks for sharing! ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty vignettes you've created with all the urns, greenery and wreaths. Love the look! I am longing for spring, but it will be several more weeks here in northern Michigan. The nest picture and story are so beautiful. A testament of how God turns even our struggles into something beautiful. Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a happy day! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love 'em! They're supposed to be in magazines:)

    The Quiet Mom @ Pastrami French Dip with Bell Peppers and Caramelized Onion (http://thequietmom.com/blog/recipe/pastrami-french-dip-bell-peppers-and-caramelized-onion)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything looks so beautiful! Thanx for partying at THT.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very pretty! I love the bird nest picture and the story.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this!! Would you link this up to Friday Favorites at http://imnotatrophywife.com
    Where do you find some of these great treasures? laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So glad you loved it Laura. I shop at so many different places. Usually antique shops, flea markets, tag sales, and I frequent Target and Tuesday Morning too. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Beautiful! And what a sweet story about the lady who painted the nest.

    ReplyDelete
  17. New follower. Can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is just beautiful! Would like to invite you to come share it at Share it One More Time at One More Time Events http://www.onemoretimeevents.com/2014/03/faux-ivory-mother-of-pearl-ceramic.html… Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Everything is just beautiful, Mallori. What a sweet, yet heartrending, story about the birds nest. Thank you for linking up to the Swing Into Spring Vignettes party. I'm including your post in a roundup of features from the party on my blog tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  20. loved this post and will remember the bird's nest story whenever I need a cheering up.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...