3.07.2016

Empire Buffet Makeover


Hey there, it's been awhile! I am so excited to share with you what I worked on over the weekend! I inherited this antique empire buffet from my beloved grandmother last year. I originally planned to keep the natural tiger oak wood but it was just too orange for my taste. The piece had a few veneer issues that clearly needed covered. With a little hesitation I finally decided to bite the bullet and just paint the piece white.



Now I love the updated buffet even more than before. 



I decided to distress the piece and update the hardware.


It's new home will be in one of the upstairs bedrooms. Our future plan for the room will be a playroom for Eleanor and the buffet will serve as a TV console and extra storage.



Have a great day!



7 comments:

  1. Mallori, I love the paint job on the chest but I also love the vignette on top. Putting the artwork on the cutting board was so smart.

    We'd love it if you'd join us at Thoughts of Home on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the entire look. My mom updated her grandmother's wash stand by taking off the piece to hold a towel, and in the '60's it was the rage to buy a kit to paint the piece and then use an antiquing method over the paint. We set a TV on it. I still love the color 50 years later!! I'll bet that's longer than her grandma even had the piece!!! I call it new life!! Oh. I'd chosen an accent lamp when I got married 11years ago. The style was the bell shaped narrow shade. I saved it but grabbed a shade similar to yours for my similar style base and WOW!!! I feel like I have a new piece of accessory. Smile. Thanks for inspiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Gwen! Love the sweet stories.

      Delete
  3. Your buffet is a stunner ... I'm drooling over how this piece turned out! It's gorgeous! Well done! Visiting from French Country Cottage. I hope you have a great weekend!
    Smiles!
    Terry
    The Curator's Collection & Making Broken Beautiful
    http://thecuratorscollection.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...