8.08.2013

New House: Updated Dining Chairs


Since we are all settled in the new house, I've been able to focus more on decorating. Today I'll be sharing the progress of our dining room. I snagged these vintage cane back dining chairs for a steal at a garage sale. The chairs came with a table, but I repurposed it into a desk for my office/craft room since I already had a dining table.


These chairs were in need of serious updating. I tore off several decades of fabric to recover the seats in canvas drop cloths left over from the Updated Wingback Chairs. Then I added a fresh coat of white paint to the chairs for a totally new look.  



I added these woven wingback chairs for the head chairs of our dining room table. I love the height and casual feel of these chairs mixed with the white cane backs.


This display cabinet is temporary until I find what fits just right. I'm on the look out for another narrow piece to go on this wall and I'm also taking my time on choosing art for the walls. It will happen over time!



We recently refinished this vintage buffet for the dining room. It has plenty of storage and fits perfect on the exposed brick wall.


I hope you have a great weekend!!

26 comments:

  1. Your dining room is so charming! Love the exposed brick wall. You did a lovely job on the chair makeovers with the drop cloths and white paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything is gorgeous! Your dining room is totally fabulous. I'm a huge brick wall fan! The chairs are perfect for the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dining room! Love the brick wall, chandelier, & of course, all the furniture. :) I think we may have the same floors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dining room is gorgeous!! LOVE the brick wall and great job on the chairs...they look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dining room is so beautiful! I love your can back chairs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dining room is lovely and like someone mentioned your brick wall looks wonderful. I'm over from StoneGable!

    Thanks,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job on those beautiful caned back chairs! your dining room is wonderful! that brick wall really brings in so much character!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for LINKING UP!!!! I LOVE this, and I am so glad I found your Blog! LOVE LOVE LOVE!! I am featuring you at the next paint party which will be Thursday!!

    Brooke
    Startathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where did you find that mirror?! It is gorgeous! The whole room is gorgeous and I am pinning it for inspiration, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! The mirror is from Tuesday Morning. I'm glad you stopped by. Thanks again!

      Delete
  10. Your dinning room looks great! Love the chair makeovers. It brightens up the room. Thanks for sharing!

    Katie @ The Casual Craftlete

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful dining room - and your chairs turned out gorgeous!!!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dining room is wonderful! The furniture looks great with the brick wall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your mix of chairs. So pretty and interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The chairs are perfect and I love the brick wall! I just found you at Common Ground and now a follower.
    xx,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your dining room is stunning! I love everything :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these chairs, in fact I love everything about the whole room, its so much my style

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love love love the exposed brick. You have lovely taste. Everything is beautiful!

    Rita

    http://www.ferrytaleshome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new home. The chairs are gorgeous! I love the buffet, especially against the brick wall. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your chairs! You did such a great job! And what a fun room! I will be featuring you tomorrow on The Inspiration Exchange. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful job on the chairs, Mallori! Your entire dining room is beautiful and inspiring! Thanks so much for sharing at That DIY Party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just love your home and taste. So lovely. And the chairs are so beautiful.
    So try this website for lovely artwork. I think you will love it and there is so much to pick from.
    www.halkramer.com
    Enjoy looking through it. I have bought about 6 different paintings and I absolutely love them. They are beautiful looking and the frames are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love all the changes you made dear! Great job! Wayfair Coupons

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...