3.16.2014

New House: Laundry Room

Today I'm sharing a room around our house that's used quite often. Whether it's a daily or weekly chore, the laundry room needs to be organized and efficient. Recently I've been purging, sorting, and straightening up this space to work better for our needs. 


Our laundry room has three sets of double cabinets that are wonderful for storing cleaning supplies, mops and brooms, along with dirty clothes baskets. For a multifunction space they also store extra kitchen platters, tupperware, small appliances, and items that aren't used as much.


I found this vintage rolling laundry cart at a flea market. It's so convenient for folding laundry right out of the dryer.


This hanging outdoor lantern is from Lowe's. It adds a little vintage touch to this space along with the old galvanized locker baskets.


I organized everything in the cabinets above the washer and dryer using metal containers, baskets, and glass jars that I already had on hand.  


They store all of our small tools, cleaning rags, light bulbs, and clothes pins. I keep my dryer sheets in a wooden bowl. It's all about pretty storage and decluttering for me.


I've had this chalkboard since our first house. It finally found a permanent spot in the laundry room with a bright green boxwood wreath for some added color. 

This view from the laundry room is looking into the garage hallway and the half bathroom right off the kitchen.


The best part about reorganizing is having less stuff and more extra space. Now that the room is so simple and clean it certainly makes it much easier to do laundry!


Thanks for stopping by!


22 comments:

  1. Lovely laundry room, you left not one pretty detail and I bet you love doing your cloths here, ha! Even though mine is not as pretty as yours, we did fix it up a couple of years ago; I totally love it! I have a post as well.
    Have a great week ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful laundry room! Looks like you've made use of every inch of the space and it's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything, but especially those three tall cabinets, the boxwood wreath on your blackboard, and the live fern on the dryer. With a space like this, laundry is not a chore.

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mallori,
    how beautiful and very practicable!
    Have to do my loundry in the cellar - but's o.k. for me.
    A wonderful time can't wait for your next post
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Prettiest laundry room ever! I love it and may end up pinning every photo! I love that is is practical too with all the wonderful cabinet space!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very lovely! I wish I had a laundry room instead of a closet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. p.s. I've added your blog to my blog roll. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the rolling cart and all the cabinets. I wish I had a real laundry room. Mine is in a creeping 100 year old basement.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, I want your laundry, all that storage is fabulous. I love it. Such a pretty room too. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your laundry room, and what I wouldn't do for ALL that storage space! Thanks so much for sharing at Amaze Me Monday...
    Blessings,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a great room! Love that laundry cart!! I've been looking around your blog, your home is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sonya, thank you so much! You're so sweet!

      Delete
  12. Ok I am sorta kinda jealous of your laundry space! I LOVE it and the storage space, OH MY!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a wonderful space and so much built-in storage -- it's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A space like that makes it less like work to do laundry. Love it! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great storage space you have! I love how you've used locker baskets and other great containers for other storage too. Thank you for sharing at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a lovely week! ~Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mallori, I love your laundry space! So much that I will be featuring it on this weeks Inspiration Monday Party (tomorrow!) Hope you can swing by to see it, and link up again :) Julie redheadcandecorate.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Julie, thank you so much! I really appreciate the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a wonderful space!! love your cabinetry, I could just move in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a fabulous laundry room! I love all the vintage touches you added! I saw your feature on Common Ground- congratulations! I'll be following along and look forward to seeing more inpsiring posts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so in love with your laundry room. It is just gorgeous! I would love to know what kind of tile you have in it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...