5.07.2013

Mirror Makeover

Hey there! I hope you are having a great week so far. I just wanted to share with you one of the many projects that I've been working on lately. 


I was plundering around our warehouse and spotted a stack of discarded, old dresser mirrors that were screaming for a makeover. I knew these beauties had so much potential with the iron scroll work and the detailed molding- I just couldn't leave them! I brought them back to the store where they were instantly updated with just a little paint and distressing. 

Here's what they looked like before.


When we buy dressers for the store, we always sell the mirrors separate from the dresser simply because no one wants the matching mirror(s) that originally come with the piece. Dressers are normally sold as TV consoles and baby changing stands and our customers don't need the mirror anyway. Needless to say, we have a stockpile of dresser mirrors.



Such beautiful details. I love the way they turned out!

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. It's amazing how paint can change the whole look of something.
    Have a happy day,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so very right... matching mirrors to commodes or dressers just don't appeal to people anymore. And I'm one of them! Good for you for keeping them in the warehouse knowing that they would eventually be transformed into these beauties. Love them! I am now your newest follower and hope you drop by my blog for a visit. How I would love that!!! Thanks for sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mirrors turned out so pretty. I love dresser mirrors. Some of them have such fantastic details like these. Thank you for sharing it at to What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!

    Hugs,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the transformation of these mirrors, I've been looking for some similar to that shape!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...