5.14.2013

Mirror- Turned Chalkboard

As I mentioned in my last mirror makeover post. I've been cleaning out our warehouse and I've started to refurbish several old dresser mirrors. This particular mirror has wonderful curvy lines that I love, but the mirror had scratches and was too damaged for selling as is. So, I decided to paint and distress the frame a bold green color and then I primed and painted the mirror with black chalkboard paint to make it more updated and functional.  


Here's what it looked like when I found it- pretty sad, huh?!


The mirror has come a long way! Now this bright chalkboard has a new home because it sold the second day we put it in the store. A sweet couple bought it for their baby's nursery.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely love your mirror transformation! And the green frame is stunning!
    Selene @ Restoration Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! I have a mirror in my basement I would love to do this with! Love the green too! Great job! Thanks so much for linking up at Give Me The Goods Monday! Can't wait to see what you bring next week! Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have done two mirror chalkboards and one just keeps scratching. I wonder if I should of primed the glass first to help? I did put several coats of chalkboard paint on and have since learned to moisten the chalk which helps.
    Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous idea! I would love it if you linked up to my Create It Thursday post...it's live now! http://www.lambertslately.com/2013/05/create-it-thursday-2-plus-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gorgeous mirror turned chalkboard was featured at Give Me The Goods Monday! Head over to check it out and we'd love for you to grab a button:
    http://www.rainonatinroof.com/2013/05/give-me-goods-monday-features-8.html
    Jenna @ Rain on a Tin Roof

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...