Repurposed Vintage Finds Home Repurposed Vintage Finds Portfolio Contact Repurposed Vintage Finds Meet Repurposed Vintage Finds Repurposed Vintage Finds Store

12.04.2012

Christmas Mantel

This year I decorated the mantel at our store with natural greenery, magnolia leaves, pine cones, glittered birds and some moss and burlap ribbon to finish it off. It's hard to believe that it all started with just two strands of inexpensive garland and eventually it ended up looking so natural. I just kept layering and layering until I had the look I was going for. 


I use natural elements all throughout my Christmas decor every year. There's just something about the fresh smell and the beauty of nature that I never get tired of. 


This gorgeous mantel was originally oak and we updated it with a lot of paint and a little distressing. Check out the Mantel Makeover HERE.


Stay tuned in the coming weeks ahead. I'll be sharing more of my Christmas crafts and Christmas decor with you.

I'm linking to The Lettered CottageSavvy Southern Style52 Mantels, It's Overflowing, and Silver Pennies. Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Love the garland and love that gorgeous mantel!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the natural look - you've inspired me to add magnolia leaves to our mantel :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - reminds me of the Christmas decorations at Colonial Williamsburg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fullness of this garland! Very different, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very well done! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! I, too, love fresh greenery and you're layering came out so beautiful. That mantel is also stunning. Love the painting and distressing. Thank you for sharing at our Home for the Holidays link party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet mantel! And it looks like I just found me a new blog! Yay! THanks for linking up over at Danielle's for the Home for the Holidays party! I am co-hosting with her and the rest of the ladies and tomorrow we'll be featuring Christmas trees over on my blog...hope you can join!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi
    Love this Mantel, thank you for sharing.
    I have this exact same Chest, I found it in a Pre-loved store here in Australia. I can't believe they are exactly the same :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...