4.27.2012

Repurposed Vintage Firescreen


This vintage firescreen was one of the great pieces we found a few weeks ago. It's actually too small to use for a modern-day firescreen, so I decided to repurpose it into a memo/photo board. It would be perfect sitting on a desktop or any piece of furniture around the house. I also think it would be precious with a small wreath hanging from the handle. The day after I put this little guy out at the store, it sold! I guess someone else thought it was a good idea too. 


I love the vintage typography on this envelope.


The metal screen is perfect for clipping notes, reminders, inspiration, and photos all in one place.


Birmingham, AL-  June 9, 1934. Our wedding anniversary is June 9th!


Can you imagine only paying 2 cents for a stamp!?


The metal legs have beautiful details.


I added a few clothespins and sheet music to several vintage shutters we had sitting around the store. Shutters make great memo/photo displays because of all their slats. I just love this clever and inexpensive repurpose. 




14 comments:

  1. I love that fireplace screen! So pretty! Thanks for linking up to the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    Jill @ Create.Craft.Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun! I love this idea. Thanks for linking up! -K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Awesome idea using it for a memo board!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were using your noggin, that screen is a great item.

    ~Bliss~ (thankfully I don't remember when stamps were only .2¢)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea! Just found your post and would love if you would share on Simple & Sweet Fridays. New Follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! I love the firescreen as a bulletin board. Well done.

    Have a great week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! What a fun find! I am not surprised it sold so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found you from Jennifer Rizzo - cute idea and I am following!! Ashlyn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing on Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute!! Love this idea! thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the firescreen! I've never seen one like that before. Is it not magnetic? seems like it might be ?
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mallori, I'm Connie at http://hotflashncraftn.blogspot.com/, a new GFC friend. I would love it if you stop by and be mine, too.
    What a fun business you have. I would love to do that... I've never seen a fire screen like this, either. But what cute idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute. I would love if you shared it on my linky party!
    Thanks Marcie @ www.IGottaTryThat.com

    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...