7.23.2013

New House: Updated Wingback Chairs

Hey there. I haven't blogged in a while, but I have so many great projects that I'd love to share with you in the months ahead. We've been busy moving in our new house, unpacking boxes, and organizing the house this last month. The decorating is slowly coming together- a little over time. 

Here's a peek inside half of our living room with the newly reupholstered wingback chairs.


These chairs were wonderful freebies from a family member, so I decided to have them both recovered in canvas drop cloths to instantly update them for our new house. The coffee table and french dressers are refurbished, vintage pieces that I found and painted.   


Here's what the chairs looked like before...


They don't even look like the same chair! I'm so pleased with the outcome. For $250 I practically have two new pieces of furniture, knowing these sell for $500 each retail- I feel like I got a bargain! 


Now if I could only find some beautiful art for the walls- to bring in some color, the living room would be almost complete.  


Thanks for stopping by.

11 comments:

  1. I love your chairs, it is amazing the difference. I noticed and liked the coffee table before you mentioned it. As for the art work, let it happen. I am 70 plus and I have only one piece of art purchased for a specific spot. Your room is so lovely I know anything you choose will be great.
    I am a new follower. Please come by for a visit. xoGinger

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so beautiful I don't think there is anything prettier than a wonderful wingback chair. Yours have great style and they look amazing with the drop cloth upholstery. I would love for you to link up to my Inspire Me party that is ongoing. http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2013/07/174th-inspire-me-tuesday.html
    Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Chairs, the updated fabric has made such a positive change.

    Lisa

    Creative Raisins

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous living room - and those chairs are perfect - beautiful makeovers!!!
    Congratulations on your feature from Angie at the Knick of Time!
    Love what I'm seeing here - and most definitely your newest follower
    Hugs from Montreal
    Suzan
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - those definitely don't even look like the same chairs! The white is so pretty and so classy! Artwork and the little details take time, but I'm sure it will all come together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, amazing how new fabric transformed those chairs! And it's so great that you had the eye to see it! They look beautiful! I am a new follower. I invited you to visit me if you get a moment! Have a great evening,
    Khammany

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing how new fabric can make the chairs look brand new -and at quite a savings. Your room looks lovely with the pretty chairs and great painted pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very beautiful. What is the spirally pattern on the wall behind your tools in the photo above?
    Wayfair Coupons

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...