5.22.2012

Weekend Finds

I'm so excited about my weekend finds. I found several quality pieces for such great prices. First, I want to share with you this vintage six arm brass chandelier that I found along with two matching sconces, all three were in excellent condition. I bought them to sell at the store because they are not really my style, but they are actually growing on me, the more I look at them. 

If I kept them I'd probably paint them a different color, maybe oil rubbed bronze or I may even try antiquing them a bit so they aren't so brassy. If only I could find a spot for them in our house. I've actually been on the search for a chandelier and haven't come across the right one yet, if I can't find one I just may keep this one instead. 



What do you think, how would you update them?

Next up is a salvaged architectural bracket that has so much character. I'm a sucker for anything architectural, especially with chipping paint and exposed old wood. Whats not to love about salvaged architectural pieces! 



I found these iron letters and a few metal numbers. I'm excited about these because they are sometimes hard to come across.


I found about 8 blue Mason and Ball jars. I also came across two black clocks.  



Thanks for stopping by!

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous finds! I'm drooling over the chandelier right now! Visiting you from Not Just a Housewife, and happy to be now following. :-) Hope you have a wonderful night!
    Sharla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I LOVE all of your finds! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those blue mason jars!! Perfect for a backyard wedding with pink flowers!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love everything you found. Awesome jars....They are a weakness of mine! Visiting you from The Pickin' Pair and now following you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What great finds! I think the chandelier and sconces would look great in a rubbed bronze or distressed. I reckon try it, if you don't like it then you can still put it in the shop, right? Visiting from The Creative Spark linky :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! I am jealous of all those mason jars and iron letters =) Great finds!

    Visiting from Sugar Bee Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heading out thrifting tomorrow, hope I have as good of luck as you.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you...fun finds...looks like we like the same kinds of stuff :) Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the follow! I love all of your finds. Those chandeliers I think I'd try a white wash on - still let the gold show through but would tone it down a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i would total white wash the chandelier. it would be fabulous!! found you via the blog hop xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that chandelier and the blue jars...great finds! Stopping by from the Networking Blog Hop...I am your newest follower! I would love if you would check out my blog and if you like what you see please follow back :)
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic finds! I actually love the first chandelier the way it is - it's quite unusual isn't it - almost like a crown!
    The letters are great too - you obviously have a fantastic eye - am definitely following, as I love your style and your blog looks great!
    Paula x

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI

    The letters are amazing~~

    Michele
    Pearl 13.1

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi. Love your finds, and your blog inspires me. Follow you now

    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  15. OOOOh- I would have grabbed every item, too!
    Wonderful finds!
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...