Repurposed Vintage Finds Home Repurposed Vintage Finds Portfolio Contact Repurposed Vintage Finds Meet Repurposed Vintage Finds Repurposed Vintage Finds Store

2.10.2012

Chicken Coop Turned Coffee Table


One afternoon I was out shopping and came across this rustic, wooden chicken coop. I knew immediately that I was going to repurpose it to a coffee table. So I just added casters to the bottom and cleaned it up a bit, that's all it needed! Now it's a functional coffee table that's for sale at our store. There's plenty of space inside the coop to display books, magazines and accessories. 


When I first spotted it, I was drawn to the spindles and slats, and then of course, the weathered gray wood had me sold. I don't think the coffee table will last very long in our store. Maybe someone will love its character and charm just as much as I do.



Here are a few inspiration ideas using chicken coops as a coffee table.


featured_chicken_coop_table

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Pin It

19 comments:

  1. I love this!! I've seen a couple of the other pictures on Pinterest, but I never know it was a chicken coup. Just stopping by from the Linky Party Hop. I hope you will visit www.laughterandgrace.com and follow back.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen this before! Though it wouldn't fit in our decor, I would love it in a sun room or lake cottage! Found you via Laughter and Grace – feel free to return the follow on Linky (www.themodernparsonage.com) :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your chicken coup table - so cute! I'm a new follower, please follow back :)
    http://asundayafternoon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that's a cool coffee table! I found your blog through the Linky Followers Blog Hop. I'm following you now and I hope you will come visit my blog at http://intheoldroad.blogspot.com/

    Shasta

    ReplyDelete
  5. who would have ever thought a chicken coop could be a coffee table?! not me! so creative!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Found you via the Linky hop and have become your newest follower. I hope you have a chance to visit and perhaps become a follower of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just found you via Linky hop...I'm inspired already! Love the chicken coop coffee table! I gather "neat old stuff" too! Check out my blog...it's a little of everything!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! I have an old chicken coop in my shop and going to stage it as a table. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome. I saw one of those at an antiques store close by. I couldn't decide if I should get it....now I wish I had. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just bought an old chicken coop this morning. Where do you get the industrial caster wheels? THanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can buy them at Lowe's or Home Depot.

      Delete
  11. Thank you so much for this tutorial–I am going to try it with some old furniture. Thanks for the envelope technique!

    Heavy Duty steel Casters & Steel Caster Wheels

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...