10.15.2012

Repurposed Window -Turned Mirror

I hope you had a great weekend! Today I want to share with you the latest project that we completed this weekend. These plain, vintage windows were turned into gorgeous mirrors with the help of my husband busting out the glass panes and cutting the mirrors. We salvaged the tall, skinny window from a New Orleans trip last year. The other six pane window was a bargain purchase awhile back and I decided it needed a makeover too. I just love the idea of taking an ordinary piece and then making it special with a slight change.    



During the process of taking all of the old, cracked glue and paint chips out of the window pane surround. It helps to prep the window for evenly gluing the mirrors in place.




The paint is all nice and chippy. . . just how I like it.


This beauty sold the same day we put it out in our store! I was so glad the sweet couple that bought the mirror loved and appreciated it as much as we did.  


We are going to make several more of these six pane mirrors to add in the store this week. 


Check out my Antique Door- Turned Mirror that's similar to this project.

Have a great week!

15 comments:

  1. I really love this project - it looks so good! I'm moving into my boyfriend's 1930's built house and something like this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you've done with the old window! If I were a little close to Alabama I'd probably be dropping by to buy!

    blessings. Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm on the hunt for window :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I have the perfect spot for a long mirrored window like that. The hunt is on now! Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a window woman myself. I love the way these turned out. Nothing beats a genuine distressed paint job by Mother Nature!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really beautiful! I found you through Cowgirl Up! and will definitely be back. I hope I can persuade you to come link up at my Farm Girl Blog Fest: http://fresh-eggs-daily.blogspot.com/2012/10/farm-girl-blog-fest-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Love the chippy paint, too.
    -Revi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I would have snatched it too, if I saw it in a store...gorgeous...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that door and window! Where do you get your mirrors? do you cut them?

    gail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I use scrap and salvaged mirrors, but yes you can cut them yourself with a glass cutter or just get them cut at a local glass shop.

      Delete
  10. Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
    http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

    I hope to see you there!
    Cheers!
    Kathy
    The Chicken Chick

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a wonderful idea! I love vintage stuff as much as I love refurbishing old things! We have a few unused windows at home, and this just gives me an idea to reinvent them! Perhaps, I’ll do some glass etching on it, too. =)

    - Tameka Lauricella

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Tameka: I haven’t done glass etching but I’m looking forward to doing one soon. Since you like refurbishing things, maybe we can exchange ideas. I’m sure we’ll learn a lot from each other.

    -Willene Fagen

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vintage window that was turned into a new mirror is awesome. Good that we have a lot of vintage windows here. We got them all after my parents renovated their home. Now, I’ll have lots of pieces to recycle and work on. I feel that these can become good ornament pieces in my new home office. :)

    -- Kermit Lukacs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...