3.19.2012

Spring Burlap Wreath

Hello Friends! I hope you are having a good day so far.

I wanted to share with you a cute little burlap wreath I made for spring. The weather has been beautiful here in Alabama so I have been decorating and spring cleaning.


I love how this wreath turned out, originally I wanted to use natural colored burlap, but purple was all I had at the time. I knew I wanted it to be easily interchangeable because I plan on gifting this burlap beauty to a friend.

Here's how I made it.

Materials:
A straw wreath form
Approx. 1 yard of burlap
Straight pins
Extra decorative accessories of your choice 
{I used a newspaper bird, birds nest, and my DIY moss initial}

1. I started out wrapping the wreath form with 3" wide strips of burlap {I cut along the length of the burlap so the strips were long}. It took about 3 strips to get all the way around. I just pinned them in place.  

2. I cut A LOT of 4x4 square burlap pieces. It doesn't have to be perfect at all. 


3. Next, I took the squares one at a time and folded them in half.

4. And then in half again.

Then I simply used straight pins to pin them into the wreath form. I pinned two together {side by side} at a time, which sped up the tedious process of folding and pinning. Go all the way around until you're done. 


I made the moss initial from a wooden letter wrapped in sheet moss using craft glue. Just cut the sheet moss about an inch or so extra around the letter- then wrap and glue. So simple! It was made for less than $5.


Then, I just added a burlap ribbon and hung it up. Now I'm ready for spring!


Thanks for stopping by today.


6 comments:

  1. This looks so cute on your door! I am glad you used the purple/lavender-perfect for spring!
    Meegan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness! I LOVE this! The color is beautiful. I also like what you did with the letter. You are so creative.

    I have done a few wreaths on my blog too. I would love for you to follow me and check them out.

    Your newest follower,
    Sarah@
    www.dottedlinecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just Found your blog via Tuscaloosa Garage Sale. I can't wait to visit the store!! But first I have to run to Hobby Lobby for a wreath & some burlap. I love this craft!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely beautiful! Great job. I hope you'll stop by and link up to my Hippity Hop Easter Project Hop.

    www.itsybitsypaperblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wreath is darling! I've never seen burlap in purple before, I'll have to look! Thanks for sharing! I found you through Itsy Bitsy Paper's Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...