Repurposed Vintage Finds Home Repurposed Vintage Finds Portfolio Contact Repurposed Vintage Finds Meet Repurposed Vintage Finds Repurposed Vintage Finds Store

3.08.2012

Buffet Makeover

We've had this secondhand buffet sitting in our living room for about two years now. I knew I wanted to eventually paint it and bring a more updated and fresh color in the room that we spend most of our time in. So, for the last two days I have been prepping and painting this buffet along with freshening up two side tables from our living room as well... and revamping a patio coffee table in the mix {a post to come later}.  



The buffet really brightens up our living room and I'm so pleased how it turned out. The beautiful details just seem to pop since I painted it.


I did have some help from my husband, tearing off the top layer of water damaged laminate, scraping and sanding it down to the natural wood top. This was the most tedious task in the whole makeover, but so worth it.


While all of that was going on, I decided to paint the two side tables and complete our patio coffee table. It's amazing what paint can do to a piece of furniture! I'm so excited because I feel like I have three NEW pieces of furniture in our living room. 


Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great weekend!

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. It turned out so beautiful. What color did you use and did you use dark walnut for the antiquing? I'm so inspired thanks for sharing.
    Peggy@ pjhdesignsoneofkind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mallori
    Wonderful job! And really lighter with an old fashioned ! Congratulations !
    Have a nice and relaxing weekend
    Olympia

    ReplyDelete
  3. it looks beautiful!!! i love the color- it looks perfect in your place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous makeover! Love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi.....I ran into you over at Gina's Transformation Thursday. Love your buffet and the two small tables. You did a great job. I've just become your newest follower. So, please, please come visit me and maybe you'll follow back. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This table turned out beautifuly. I really think it is striking. I also love the mirror on the top of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All three pieces of furniture turned out gorgeous! Did you use ASCP or regular paint?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks y'all!! It's a greenish- gray paint color that we use at our store. I'm not sure of the name.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, Mallori! Wow! They do look like beautiful vintage pieces now!!! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Just a tip in case you don't know. I learned it from http://www.turnstylevogue.com/2011/09/removing-veneer.html

    I have wrecked plenty of wood tops and struggled, until i found her method. maybe you already know. it was brilliance to me, thought i would share. Blessings

    www.reimgainedjustforyou.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that great tip!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for becoming a follower of Shabby Sweet Tea! Glad you stopped by. I will follow on my way out.

    PS I am in LOVE with the color of the buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your buffet AND your side tables turned out soooo beautiful!
    I sort of hop around and work on many things at once. That veneer? not fun, I know.
    great job, thanks for sharing at catch as catch can!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks amazing-following you from TDC-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...